35 Most Influential African Americans In Radio - 2005 (3/7/05)
1. Alfred Liggins III, President/CEO, Radio One Inc.
2. Catherine Hughes, Founder/Chairperson, Radio One Inc.
3. Pierre “Pepe” Sutton, Chairman/CEO, ICBC
4. Sydney L. Small, Chairman/CEO, Access.1 Communications Corp.
5. Tom Joyner, Chairman & Founder, REACH Media Inc.
6. Skip Finley, Vice Chairman, ICBC
7. Charles Warfield, President/COO, ICBC
8. Chesley Maddox-Dorsey, President/COO, Access.1 Communications Corp.
9. Bruce Demps, SVP/ Mid-America Region, Clear Channel Radio
10. Barry Mayo, SVP/Market Manager, WQHT/WRKS/WQDC New York
11. Ronald Davenport Sr., Chairman, Sheridan Broadcasting
12. Zemira Jones, VP/Operations, Radio One
13. Al Vicente, Vice Chairman, Archway Broadcasting
14. Dr. Glenn Cherry, Owner/President/CEO, Tama Broadcasting
15. Michael L. Carter, Chairman/CEO, Carter Broadcast Group Inc.
16. Darryl Brown, Executive VP/GM, ABC Radio Networks
17. Rick Caffey, SVP/Market Manager, Infinity Atlanta Radio Group
18. Wayne Brown, Regional Manager, Charlotte, NC , Vice President, General Manager, Radio One-Atlanta
19. Earnest James, SVP/Market Manager, Infinity Broadcasting-Orlando
20. Earl Jones, Market Manager/RVP, Clear Channel Louisville
21. Ronald Davenport Jr., President,/Radio Division, Sheridan Broadcasting Corp.
22. Susan Austin, President, Sheridan Gospel Network
23. Lee Armstrong Clear, St. Louis Market Manager/RVP, Clear Channel
24. Jerry Rushin, GM, WEDR/WHQT Miami , Cox
25. Tony Kidd, VP/GM, WALR/WFOX Atlanta, Cox
26. Steve Hegwood, CEO/President, On Top Communications
27. Sherman Kizart, SVP/Director of Urban Marketing, Interep
28. James Winston, Executive Director, National Association Of Black Owned Broadcasters
29. E.J. “Jay” Williams, President, American Urban Radio Networks
30. Brian Knox, SVP/Director Corporate Diversity, Katz Media Group
31. Karen Slade, VP/GM, KLJH Los Angeles
32. Angela Fleming Ingram, Station Manager, WGCI-FM, WVAZ-FM, WGRB-AM Chicago, Clear Channel
33. Kevin Wagner, CEO, Urban Broadcasting
34. Doc Wynter, VP/Programming, Urban Radio, Clear Channel
35. Muriel Funches (tie), New Orleans Market Manager, Clear Channel
35. Don Moore (tie), Vice President of Multicultural Sales, ABC Radio Networks
Comment on this story