Home
July 24, 2014

Publishers' Notes

Subscribe

Subscribe To Daily  Headlines

Streamline Press

Industry Q&A

Radio Revenue

Market Profile

Calendar of Events

Reader Feedback

Columnists

About Us

Contact Us

Advertise
STREAMLINE PRESS

 

 

First Mediaworks


May 2004 Radio Revenues
Radio posted a gain of 1% in combined total local and national ad revenue for the month of May when compared to the same month from a year ago. Local dollars also saw a slight increase of 1% for the month over May of last year while national ad sales dipped slightly by 1%. Looking at Radio revenues from a year-to-date perspective, combined total local and national dollars were up 3% for the first five months of the year over that same time period from last year. January through May of 2004 saw a jump of 4% in local revenue over January through May of 2003. National dollars for those same months were up 2% over last year. “The recovery continues to be without big energy, but comments from advertisers indicate that there is a lot of optimism for the fall on the planning table,” explained Gary Fries, President and Chief Executive Officer, RAB. “For the shorter term, June is shaping up for enhanced growth, with local continuing to lead ahead of national.” These monthly totals are based on the RAB Radio Revenue Index of more than 150 markets. The accounting firm of Miller, Kaplan, Arase & Co. provides the local and national revenue data on the more than 150 markets RAB uses to calculate its Revenue Index.

Comment on this story

  From the Publisher 

















<P> </P>