3 Social Platforms To Boost Results
You are strapped for time. It’s difficult for your small staff to do everything. Budgets have been cut (again). The boss and the company still expect great ideas, creativity, and growth. You want to find ways to grow your ratings, grow your engagement, but you may not be sure you can be effective using social media along with your ratings marketing. It’s not about being “on social media.” Here are three ways and three social media platforms you can use to really boost your results this year. First, here are three ways to pump up!
1. Build a strategic plan specifically with what results you want to see and the listeners you want to attract in mind. You can build this plan to include the type of content you want to share on social media, how you follow up with actual “conversations” in your market on social media, and who on your team is responsible for each piece or type of content along with how often each type of content is required as part of your plan.
2. Determine which social media platforms you want to use and exactly how they will help you reach your goals. Remember: This isn’t just to make sure you are “on” social media. You want results, so everything has to be designed with those goals in mind for the station.
3. Make sure your social media regularly and consistently goes beyond “posting content." You want to open up “conversations” or interaction. You want to seek opportunities to validate potential listeners and create loyalty through social interaction that turns into on-air relationships (listening).
Now, here are three ways you can use three social platforms to gain access to more sharing, more participation, and more listeners!
1. Use Facebook to drive listeners to your website, on-air, and blogs with visuals and content that makes social media users feel smart, funny, or creative so they will share. You gain little value from being “on Facebook.” Your value comes only when you can use content, creativity, visuals, and entertainment value to draw them back to your products. And you can do that with Facebook every day.
2. Twitter allows you to use the shortest messages. If your content is excellent, you can experience wide sharing and draw listeners directly to your product.
3. You and your staff can use YouTube to share video of station events, “inside the station” moments listeners will find interesting (your job is likely not anything like their job), backstage at concerts, and viral opportunities to create talk about your product.
You can be “on Facebook and Twitter” or you can decide to make a big difference in the growth of your radio station by using these basics and building your effective use of social media consistently and with the “end result for your radio station in mind.” If you decide to take on the challenge of social media for the effectiveness of radio (and not just to be “on” social media), you can have powerful results that your boss, your company, and your market can feel.
Loyd Ford is the direct marketing, ratings and social media strategist for Americalist and programmed very successful radio brands in markets of all sizes for years, including KRMD AM & FM in Shreveport, WSSL and WMYI in Greenville, WKKT in Charlotte and WBEE in Rochester, NY. Learn more about Loyd here: http://about.me/loydford. Reach out to Loyd via e-mail HERE Visit his Facebook radio social media page HERE
(1/30/2013 8:47:05 PM) |
Cristiano ronaldo has said and golden globe, the awards and no vote
<a href=http://www.cheaplebron9shoe.net>cheap lebron 9 shoes</a>
When it comes to the competition and Lionel messi, cristiano ronaldo said: "we said between competition it is exact, he for his team, and I for my team." As the Portuguese national team captain, cristiano ronaldo should have the right to vote, but asked to vote cast in the who, cristiano ronaldo replied: "I didn't vote, I then have injuries, international let me
(1/29/2013 12:05:45 PM) |
Gil: king's cup in the dressing room after LuoMuShuai C quarrels
<a href=http://www.cheaplebron-9.net>cheap lebron 9</a>
According to the report, o "understanding, cristiano ronaldo and jose mourinho mutual hoot, quarrel is very fierce, and other real Madrid players also have witness. Cristiano ronaldo washes the bath to wear good clothes disagreeably first out of the dressing room. Use captain iker casillas in mixed zone interview, cristiano ronaldo went all the way to the garage.
"Ah, the n
Add a Comment | View All Comments