A Read-Between-The-Lines Pandora Shot
In that same interview with the L.A. Times, answering the question, "How does iHeartRadio work for Clear Channel at a time when Internet radio doesn't seem to be very profitable?" the Clear Channel CEO's answer was a clear statement disagreeing with Pandora's listening numbers. "Remember, we do all this at an incremental cost. If you look at iHeartRadio, Pandora, and all the Internet radio players, it's only 8 percent of all the listening. The other 92 percent is broadcast radio, so we've not forgotten where the monster is." Pandora says it has 7 percent of all radio listening, which would leave a 1 percent crumb for all the others. There was no follow-up question by the L.A. Times reporter.