Top 40 List for Sales Success
Just in case you forget -- and we forget about 99 percent of what we encounter daily -- here are my Top 40 Points for Sales Success, which I believe can lead to selling more every day. They are not easy to follow, and I have struggled with them many times. Keep them with you and keep them in front of you. Just a couple tweaks here and there could mean much more money in your pocket.
These tips were carved out of many years selling in many countries, leading and coaching the best of the best in media sales. Like any gem that is polished by friction to become a beautiful jewel, these points can polish you up and put you on the fast track to success!
1. Wear good shoes. They are the foundation of any wardrobe.
2. Show up. It is half the battle.
3. Be on time. Even better, use Lombardi time and be 15 minutes early.
4. Know the names of the people that you call on. No exceptions.
5. Practice public speaking. Many presentations are done in front of more than one person.
6. Always dress and groom like you are the product.
7. Act like you are the only one who has any business being in front of the client. It is an attitude of confidence not arrogance.
8. Do not waste time driving around aimlessly. Always have a plan.
9. Listen to everything. Keep your mouth shut and pay attention.
10. Keep your briefcase loaded with selling tools, testimonials, and order forms. A great deal of business is conducted outside of the office, on golf courses and other non-traditional locations.
11. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Know the competition.
12. No matter what you sell, you are the product. Act like it.
13. ABC: Always be closing.
14. In negotiating, open high.
15. Practice for anything and be prepared for everything.
16. Learn the language of your customer’s business.
17. Never eat lunch with your teammates when you can lunch with a client.
18. Know the competition’s product better than you know your own product.
19. Negotiate from your power domain. Get the client away from their desk.
20. Ask for referrals on every call. There is no bad time to ask for referrals.
21. And with that…Walt Disney told the little boy, “Think, Believe, Dream and Dare”.
22. Just work half days. It does not matter if it is the first 12 hours or the last 12 hours.
23. Sixty-four percent of all sales are made in the morning. Where are you right now?
24. Do your proposals and paperwork at nights and on weekends. Otherwise, the competition will be calling on your accounts at 11 a.m. while you are getting your “conscious” day started.
25. Always look the customer in the eyes.
26. Never be the first one to hang up when talking on the phone to a prospect.
27. Believe in yourself even when no one else does.
28. Stay in top physical shape. Condition yourself for long days in extreme temperatures.
29. It is about the fit not the price.
30. Visualize everything and success in selling will follow.
31. Get close enough to the client’s business to be present in their dreams!
32. Stand up for what you believe in, or you could fall for anything.
33. Follow a person’s eyes. They will lead you to the “money shot.” The eyes will tell you more about that person in one minute than talking to them for one hour.
34. Listen some more…
35. Be sensitive and responsive to your clients at all times. Super serve them!
36. Complete the “20 question” customer profile on your clients before the competition does.
37. Loose lips sink ships. Keep critical information confidential.
38. Love what you do. Get others to help you with your shortcomings.
39. Care! People do not care how much you know about them as long as they know how much you care about them.
40. Focus and dominate whatever it is that you sell. Do not wait for success. It never finds you… you find it.
Sean Luce is the Head International Instructor for the Luce Performance Group and can be reached at www.luceperformancegroup.com.
(10/31/2013 3:49:05 AM) |
To8aKW Enjoyed every bit of your article.Thanks Again. Awesome.
(10/26/2013 2:33:53 PM) |
hGe4LG A big thank you for your article post.Thanks Again. Will read on...
(10/23/2013 9:20:18 PM) |
cSDHvS I am so grateful for your blog article. Really Great.
(9/24/2013 6:31:20 AM) |
f3N8uw Hey, thanks for the blog article.Much thanks again. Cool.
(9/12/2013 6:45:07 PM) |
M2YIBI Thanks for the blog post.Much thanks again. Will read on...
Add a Comment | View All Comments