Job Opening - Executive Director The Conclave
With the pending retirement of Tom Kay, the Conclave is searching for a new Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to the Conclave’s Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The successful candidate will be a high impact, dynamic, and visionary leader.
Duties of the Executive Director position include:
§ Manage the Conclave organization to achieve the goals of continuing education and scholarship donations
§ Formulate and execute major policies and programs to assure success and future growth
§ Execute the strategic and tactical plans of the Conclave
§ Recommend and manage annual budget
§ Protect the organization’s 501 c3 non-profit status
§ Prepare and file all legal and IRS documents relating to the Conclave
§ Act as the organization’s chief fundraiser
§ Identify and complete grant applications
§ Create and sell advertising opportunities within the organization
§ Solicit donations from patrons in and out of the broadcast industry
§ Manage the organization to create educational content and conferences
§ Contribute to and coordinate with all committees to present the Summer Learning Conference and other Conclave events
§ Coordinate the publishing of educational content on the Conclave media channels
§ Represent the Conclave within the media industry
§ Develop and maintain excellent relationships with members of the industry
To be considered for this position, applicants should possess the following skills and requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: 7-10 years of broadcast or organizational leadership preferred. Budgeting and P&L, sales, fundraising or non-profit experience helpful.
- Skills: The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess great attention to detail, and have strong communication skills both verbal and written.- Computer proficiency with MS Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with website applications helpful. Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter and how to use them as marketing tools is strongly desired.
- Required Application Materials: Cover letter including salary and benefit requirements. Resume including at least three references.
- Application Deadline: September 21, 2012
- All applications must be submitted via email to: ExecutiveDirectorSearch@theconclave.com. Confidential recommendations of qualified individuals are also welcome.
The Conclave is an Equal Opportunity Employer.