20 Tips To Create Upbeat Sales Meetings
89% of radio sales reps say sales meetings were "usually a waste of time". The irony is that properly planned and focused sales meetings can be one of the most productive, unifying and motivating uses of everyone’s time. The sales meeting is also the ideal place to consistently reinforce and promote the company’s mission statement or battle cry.
1. Do plan and prepare meetings from a sales person’s perspective. With every item on the agenda, answer the question "what's in it for me?" from a sales person's point of view.
2. Do not use the meetings for a forum to discuss individual accounts receivable problems or other "downers".
3. Do start and finish the meeting with positive, upbeat topics. Have the salespeople each share a "good news" story about your station, your market, a sale or a client’s success.
4. Do not dwell on topics which do not pertain to the majority in attendance. Such topics should be dealt with one-on-one.
5. Do have an agenda, and circulate it to the staff ahead of time. This forces you to prepare for the meeting, and gives the staff a chance to prepare for it as well.
6. Do not be the only speaker on the agenda . . . bring in other staff members, suppliers, experts department heads or even clients to answer questions or help train the staff.
7. Do take minutes of every meeting. Minutes document answers to questions, and can keep other non-attending department heads and team members in the loop. (Try having last person in take the minutes each week!)
8. Do not circulate the minutes until you have approved them to avoid misinterpretations or publicizing confidential information.
9. Do recognize any group or individual staff accomplishments.
10. Do not reprimand anyone at a meeting.
11. Do encourage participation. Ask questions. Get staff members to present or chair certain segments.
12. Do not let the participation evolve into "mutiny sessions". Don't ignore complaints, but answer them quickly, and move on.
13. Do have them on the same day and time consistently. This way the staff can plan around them and you avoid the old "I thought the meeting was next week" excuse. (By the way, if you are getting excuses for non-attendance, chances are your staff feels your meetings are a waste of their time.)
14 Do not change the meeting day or time for ANY reason. Changing the meeting sends a signal that sales meetings are not important, and shows a lack of respect for your staff's time.
15. Do keep meetings as short as possible.
16. Do not try to cover too many topics at one meeting.
17. Do hold morning meetings. Research has proven the human mind is much more receptive, and retention levels are higher, in the morning.
18. Do not (if possible) always hold meetings on premises. Off-site meetings can add excitement and impetus to special meetings.
19.Do lighten up. Have surprise visits by Santa at a Christmas sales meeting, or have coffee and birthday cake if a member is celebrating a birthday.
20. Do not limit attendance to "sales" people. Everyone who has customer contact, from the receptionist to the accounts receivable clerk should be invited when the agenda covers ground of interest to them.
The litmus test is to ask your staff how they feel about sales meetings. If they say you have too many, they are too long, or they are in the 89% that think meeting are “usually a waste of time”, yours probably are!
(11/18/2013 1:12:51 AM) |
jHG8ZG Really informative article post.Much thanks again. Cool.
(10/25/2013 5:04:59 PM) |
ebYPcY Great, thanks for sharing this article post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.
(8/22/2013 1:48:57 AM) |
http://www.jordansbestellen.biz/ jordans schoenen http://www.cheapjordandz.com / Jordans For Cheap http://www.saclouisvuittondz.com/ Louis Vuitton Pas Cher http://www.jordanforsaledz.com / Jordan For Sale http://www.cheapjordanshoesxm.com / Cheap Jordans Shoes http://www.cheapjordansaledz.com / Cheap Jordans Shoes http://www.jordanshoescheapdz.com / Cheap Jordans For Sale http://www.jordansforcheaptime.com / Jordans For Sale http://www.cheapairjordans2013s.com / Air Jordans 2013 http://www.paraj
(1/30/2013 5:27:31 AM) |
Marca vote: north ealy to replace valdes popular candidate
<a href=http://www.ctr360-ii.com>ctr360 ii</a>
In Barcelona goalkeeper valdes announced that it would no longer contract with Barcelona, "marca" in its official website launched the valdes replacement vote. After the fans to vote, bayern goalkeeper neuer's approval rating ranked first, valencia goalkeeper melon the tower ranked second, Manchester united goalkeeper HeYa's third. Chelsea on loan to atletico Madrid goalkeeper kool chart t
(1/28/2013 4:59:15 PM) |
Gil: kaka comment is willing to return to milan make sacrifices
<a href=http://www.cheapsoccershoes8.com>cheap soccer shoes</a>
"Behold, news pointed out that this season at real Madrid, kaka only played 12 games, his departure will reduce the real salary burden, and let the real Madrid President a perez for cristiano ronaldo to contract a raise, but milan is not willing to charge big strength back their former superstar.
"Ah, the newspaper reported that real Madrid player kaka use holiday to
Add a Comment | View All Comments